5 Brain Facts - You Don’t Know
5 Lesser Known Facts About Our Brain, That Can Change Our Life!
1. In the morning, after we wake up, our cortisol levels increase by 50% (highest) for the first 30-60 mins. Cortisol is a stress hormone. That is why it is advised to mediate or do simple breathing exercises right after you are up, to normalise the cortisol levels.
2. Neuroplasticity, also known as neural plasticity, or brain plasticity, is the ability of neural networks in the brain to change through growth and reorganisation. These changes range from individual neurone pathways making new connections, to systematic adjustments like cortical remapping. You can literally turn around your life with this hack alone!
3. Dream vs Reality: Our brain does not differentiate between dreams and reality. Thus, similar muscles respond to a particular activity either it is a dream or reality, that is why our brain goes to a partial paralysis state while we are asleep. If you can dream it, you can make it your reality too.
4. Alpha Brain Waves: Your brain is a bustling hub of electrical activity. This is due to the fact that the cells in your brain, called neurons, use electricity to communicate with each other. Boosting your alpha waves might also increase your creativity levels. In a study, researchers found evidence that they could trigger a surge in creativity if they specifically focused on enhancing alpha waves.
5. Sleep & Hippocampal Activation: Having a good night sleep activates the Hippocampal part of our brain has reportedly been shown to improve memory power, visualisation, virtual navigation task, it also improves memory consolidation, which is essential for improving long term memory.